Independence Mission Schools (IMS) provides a transformative Catholic education that develops students intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually and that provides children of all faiths across the city of Philadelphia the opportunity to learn in a college preparatory environment and grow in a culture of love, setting them on the path to a promising future.
As part of the Independence Mission Schools (IMS) network of 15 Catholic school, St. Veronica Catholic School is living out the IMS mission by providing a Christ-centered quality education, fostering a spirit of inquiry and intellectual growth, and preparing children to meet the challenges of the 21st Century in a healthy, safe and caring environment.
St. Veronica Catholic School, building on the cultural diversity of our student body, endeavors to develop in a Christian atmosphere both Gospel values and academic excellence in each individual student. Growing in this faith-filled environment, our students will become catalysts in creating a moral society.
- Christ is the reason for our school
- Prayer is an essential part of the school day
- Cultural diversity enriches and strengthens our school community
- Each child is unique and has inherent worth
- The teaching of Christian values is essential to the development of the whole child
- All children are capable of learning
- Self-esteem is vital to the learning process
- Education is a shared responsibility of parents, teachers, students and the community
- A safe environment is essential for all learning
- Nurturing skills for creating peaceful solutions diminishes violence